About Your Treatment
Initial Consultation For New Clients
A massage treatment uses techniques to promote good health and relaxation. To tailor an individual treatment or series of treatments to your requirements, I need to find out about your health and lifestyle, so I offer all new clients a free 30-minute consultation for the following reasons:
- You may be unsure what the treatments that I offer entail or which would be most suitable for you, so I will discuss that with you
- To assess your needs (why you are considering a treatment) and your expectations (what you want to get out of it)
- To check whether there are any health problems that may prevent a treatment or require written permission from a GP to proceed (contra-indications)
- To find out whether there are any issues that would restrict a treatment (e.g. avoiding a wound)
- To learn about your lifestyle and any factors that may be affecting your well being
- To work out the most appropriate treatment for you or to refer you on if appropriate
- To agree a treatment plan (duration and frequency of treatments)
- To explain how you might feel after a treatment
- To allow you to get to know me and feel happy about having a treatment
- To make you aware of how I handle personal data.
- Following the consultation I hope that you will feel informed, confident and relaxed about the process.
All personal data handled by Rooke Holistic Therapies is done so in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read my Privacy Notice here.
Potential Benefits Of Massage
Massage has many effects and potential benefits, so I am including some of them here.
By increasing in blood flow, massage can:
- improve circulation
- nourish the tissues
- promote removal of metabolic waste products
- encourage healing.
- By increasing lymph flow, massage can:
- aid elimination of waste
- reduce oedema
- stimulate immunity.
By relaxing muscles and nerve fibres, massage can:
- relieve muscle tension and fatigue
- increase flexibility
- improve posture
- relieve aches and pains.
By reducing restrictions, adhesions and spasms in muscle fibres, massage can:
- relieve pain and discomfort
- improve joint mobility.
By calming the sympathetic nervous system and activating the parasympathetic nervous system, massage can:
- encourage the body to relax
- slow and deepen breathing
- slow heart rate
- reduce blood pressure
- reduce stress and anxiety.
- promote sleep.
After Your Treatment
To fully benefit from a treatment, it is best to:
- Allow time afterwards to rest and relax
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out any toxins (e.g. lactic acid) released
- Gentle exercise such as going for a walk can also help
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol for a few hours, as your system may have more toxins to process than usual
- Eat lightly and healthily to reduce the strain on the body
- Try to have an early night to help with the healing process.
You should feel rested and relaxed after a treatment, but you may temporarily experience:
- Light headedness caused by a reduction in blood pressure
- Tiredness, headache, sore muscles or nausea as a result of the release of toxins
- Increased micturition and thirst due to stimulation of the circulation
- Heightened emotional state from the release of physical and psychological tension.
Treatments are in Yattendon, Pangbourne and Bourne End. See my Business Hours page to find out when I am at each location. Please book appointments directly with me on 07528 708650 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.