After Your Treatment
Massage and shiatsu can have a profound effect, so it is important to look after yourself to optimise the benefit, so after a massage treatment:
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out any toxins (e.g. lactic acid) released during the massage
- Gentle exercise such as going for a walk can also help
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol as your system may have more toxins to process than usual
- Eat lightly and healthily
- Have a hot bath to help you relax.
After a massage or shiatsu treatment try to have an early night to help with the healing process.
In the longer term:
- Try to do more of the things that make you feel good, and make them a regular part of your life
- Look at ways of managing your time to reduce the stress of daily life
- Practice relaxation techniques, such as meditation
- Develop and maintain good posture to minimise the strain on your body and avoid injury
- Exercise regularly to keep body and mind fit
- If you smoke and want to quit, find the support that you need.